[SURBL-Discuss] urls not parsed by spamcop itself

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun May 16 18:49:37 CEST 2004

On Sunday, May 16, 2004, 4:19:30 AM, John Fawcett wrote:
> When I went to Spamcop to report the spam, the URL was not parsed out by
> spamcop reporting engine. This domain is therefore not going to enter into
> the data (at least from this spam run) and so won't be blocked.
> BTW the domain is: agrinho.com.

> I suppose I should tell spamcop about this...but I thought I'd mention it
> here to fellow surblers because anything which stops spamvertized domains
> going into spamcop will have an affect on blocking. In reality we need the
> parsing mechanisms of clients (like SpamCopURI or URIDNSBL) *AND* of Spamcop
> itself kept up to date with new obfuscation methods.

SpamCop appears to not output domains that have already been
recorded as "being fixed" by the ISP.  If that works properly
it should probably be considered be a feature and not a bug.

That said, I don't see *any* initial reports from SpamCop for
agrinho.com, which suggests it was never processed at all,
which is odd and probably should be reported to SpamCop
for analysis.

> Alternatively, we need
> some way of submitting to one of the surbl lists, but that's a big step to
> take...

I'm not sure what Bill Stearns' policies are currently, but
in principle you can report spam URI domains to him for
inclusion in sa-blacklist and therefore ws.surbl.org.