[SURBL-Discuss] Hatcheck: this one is a toughy for me....

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Fri May 21 00:20:25 CEST 2004

At 13:59 2004-05-20 -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
>On Thursday, May 20, 2004, 1:21:53 PM, Patrik Nilsson wrote:
> > At 15:38 2004-05-20 -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
> >>205.236.189.57 = www.Default-Homepage-Network.com
> >>thoughts on this?
>
> > http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL9442
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Default-Homepage-Network.com&scoring=d
>
> > Pornspam and hijackware.
>
>Good catch.  Look like a spam gang.  I guess I should not go by
>what their web page says.  :-(

Their web page seem to primarily be a way to get people to install even
more malware.

The "adware/spyware removal program" they link to in the text on the home
page is not an actual removal program, it's a hijacker in itself,
frequently promoted in spam. One of the domains it's associated with is
mailwiper.com, which is already listed in ws.surbl.org. They seem to prefer
using spydeleter.com at the moment though, so that might also be a
candidate for listing.

http://whitis.com/mailwiper.htm

Patrik