[SURBL-Discuss] Another redirector

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat May 22 16:50:31 CEST 2004

On Saturday, May 22, 2004, 7:35:03 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>Patrik Nilsson wrote:
>> Might already be known, but since I haven't seen it mentioned, here's
>> another redirector used in spam:
>> urllog.com
>>
>> Actual example of spam using it available if needed.

I have whitelisted urllog.com.  That will prevent that redirection
site itself from causing a message to get noticed by SURBLs,
but it generally won't prevent any spammy domains redirected
using that site from getting detected, which should be the right
thing to do on both issues.

If anyone finds any more redirection sites to similarly whitelist,
then please foward them to us.

> Please provide all info, or post it on the list. Then we can contact the
> guys running the service and see if we can get them SURBL'ed.

I've sent urllog a note about using SURBL data to deny access
to their redirection services.  If anyone else would like to
make a similar request that would be fine.  Their contact
address is at:

  http://urllog.com/c

And a sample letter is at:

  http://www.surbl.org/redirect.html