[SURBL-Discuss] OT: RBL needed!

Doc Schneider maddoc at maddoc.net
Fri May 28 09:55:23 CEST 2004

This Off topic but figured most of us all get hit with this stuff.

I am in need of a bit of help.

I got a whole bunch of open relays doing rumpelstiltskin(sic) attacks on
both my main mailserver and my seconary MX server... hitting the
secondary and making it throttle the main one.

Anyway is there a way to use some of these RBLs to basically deny these
open relays to be able to even attempt these attacks?

I'm running  Sendmail 8.12.11 on Linux... both these boxen run RH 6.2
and are really locked down against other attacks.

I use to just drop routes to these idiots but never a good solution
IMNSHO 8*)

I looked through the sendmail FAQs and didn't find anything that was
helpful.

Any idea would be more then welcome.

--

-Doc