SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make test e rror

Joe Boyce jboyce at shasta.com
Sat May 29 00:20:13 CEST 2004

John Andersen wrote:

> Well It didn't help me. :-(
> In spite of getting no errors while installing SA and SpamCopURI-0.18
> (and each since SpamCopURI-0.14) I have never yet seen a SpamCop
> or surbl tag in my spam.

Are you logging spamassassin?  When I first installed SpamCopURI I
didn't see any hits either, but noticed this in my spamd logs:

@4000000040ae2d661a10e3c4       (syntax error at
/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf, rule SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1,
near "eval:"

It ended up being that SpamAssassin couldn't load the right .pm's.

If you look at the INSTALL file in the source, you'll see a section
regarding the rules not being hit, I followed the steps listed there and
  then it started working.

Regards,

Joe Boyce
System Administrator - InterStar, Inc