SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make test e rror

David B Funk dbfunk at engineering.uiowa.edu
Sat May 29 16:07:59 CEST 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, John Andersen wrote:

> On Friday 28 May 2004 00:43, Martin Lyberg wrote:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > Thanks for all help, that seem to solve my problem. SPAMCOP_URI is now
> > installed and im getting loads of hit on the SURBL-lists :)
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > / Martin
>
> Well It didn't help me. :-(
> In spite of getting no errors while installing SA and SpamCopURI-0.18
> (and each since SpamCopURI-0.14) I have never yet seen a SpamCop
> or surbl tag in my spam.

Both the SpamCop & surbl tests depend upon DNS queries. Have you
done a 'spamassassin --lint -D' and looked for the DNS checks
being OK? Could be that your perl doesn't have the DNS module
installed or your system fails to resolve the remote sites that
SA uses to check your DNS and thus fails to activate it.
Any chance that you're running spamd with network checks disabled? '-L'

#include <std_disclaimer.h>