SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make test e rror

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Sat May 29 20:25:10 CEST 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 12:07, David B Funk wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2004, John Andersen wrote:
> > On Friday 28 May 2004 00:43, Martin Lyberg wrote:
> > > Hi Eric,
> > >
> > > Thanks for all help, that seem to solve my problem. SPAMCOP_URI is now
> > > installed and im getting loads of hit on the SURBL-lists :)
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > / Martin
> >
> > Well It didn't help me. :-(
> > In spite of getting no errors while installing SA and SpamCopURI-0.18
> > (and each since SpamCopURI-0.14) I have never yet seen a SpamCop
> > or surbl tag in my spam.
>
> Both the SpamCop & surbl tests depend upon DNS queries. Have you
> done a 'spamassassin --lint -D' and looked for the DNS checks
> being OK? Could be that your perl doesn't have the DNS module
> installed or your system fails to resolve the remote sites that
> SA uses to check your DNS and thus fails to activate it.
> Any chance that you're running spamd with network checks disabled? '-L'

I think that's working Dave, here are the lines from lint...

debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: trying (3) gwdg.de...
debug: looking up MX for 'gwdg.de'
debug: MX for 'gwdg.de' exists? 1
debug: MX lookup of gwdg.de succeeded => Dns available (set dns_available to
hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: all '*From' addrs: ignore at compiling.spamassassin.taint.org

I do get this from razor (after it successfully finds a couple of cloudmark
servers...  This error is well documented and one I need to get around to
fixing, but I don't believe it is germain to the issue at hand:

razor2 check skipped: No such file or directory Insecure dependency in open
while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/pe
rl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Razor2/Client/Config.pm line 404, <GEN2> line 1.