SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make test e rror

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Sun May 30 22:27:09 CEST 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 21:17, Jeff Chan wrote:
> > Now I'm confused as to which machine you refer... ;-)
> >
> > The system that has never shown a  SPAMCOP_URI_RBL does have
> > that line, the one at work just shows spamcop occasionally, per
> > this score:
> > score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET    1.1
>
> Aha, eemember that bl.spamcop.net and sc.surbl.org are
> not the same thing.  :-)   The former is SpamCop's RBL
> of mail source addresses (sending IPs, etc.), whereas
> sc.surbl.org is derived from Spamvertised sites reported
> in message bodies.  The two are not related other than
> using SpamCop reports for source data.  bl uses header
> info while sc.surbl.org uses message body URI info.
>
> The score you mention is for the bl, and not a SURBL.
>
> Jeff C.

Well, scratch that machine (the work one).  That's the machine without
surbl installed anyway.

The home one does have surbl, and I just scanned 120 spams to
see if it flagged any of them, (nope).
I'm going to reduce the score from 3.0 to .5 just on the chance
SURBL is working and pushing all the spam over my /dev/nul limit
in my procmail.

But so far still no hint that it work.
Checked DNS (ok and ok with lint too)
Restarted spamd
Checked to make sure I moved the modules as explained
under painfull install.

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i586-linux-thread-multi. on Suse 8.2 smp.