SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make test error

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Sun May 30 23:35:28 CEST 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 21:56, John Fawcett wrote:
> John Andersen wrote
>
> > Well, scratch that machine (the work one).  That's the machine without
> > surbl installed anyway.
> >
> > The home one does have surbl, and I just scanned 120 spams to
> > see if it flagged any of them, (nope).
> > I'm going to reduce the score from 3.0 to .5 just on the chance
> > SURBL is working and pushing all the spam over my /dev/nul limit
> > in my procmail.
> >
> > But so far still no hint that it work.
> > Checked DNS (ok and ok with lint too)
> > Restarted spamd
> > Checked to make sure I moved the modules as explained
> > under painfull install.
>
> I use:
>
> /usr/sbin/spamassassin -D -t < message-file > output-file 2>&1
>
> to see what spamassassin does to a particular message.
>
> John

Sheesh it dumps a lot of stuff...

But in the mix I saw this: ----------------

debug: querying for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org

debug: Query failed for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org
debug: checking url: mailto://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/unsubscribe.asp
debug: checking url: http://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/promo_freeinfo.asp
debug: returning cached data :  pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org -> ARRAY(0x947a894)
That would imply that SURBL was active, No?