SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make testerror

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Mon May 31 09:54:09 CEST 2004

John Andersen wrote
> On Sunday 30 May 2004 21:56, John Fawcett wrote:
> > I use:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/spamassassin -D -t < message-file > output-file 2>&1
> >
> > to see what spamassassin does to a particular message.
> >
> > John
>
> Sheesh it dumps a lot of stuff...
>
> But in the mix I saw this: ----------------
>
> debug: querying for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org
>
> debug: Query failed for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org
> debug: checking url: mailto://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/unsubscribe.asp
> debug: checking url: http://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/promo_freeinfo.asp
> debug: returning cached data :  pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org ->
ARRAY(0x947a894)
> --------------
> That would imply that SURBL was active, No?

That looks ok.
If you use the other surbl lists there would also be queries for them.
(pjcinfo.com.be.surbl.org, pjcinfo.com.ws.surbl.org)

I still find it surprising that none of your spam is getting flagged
for being in sc.surbl.org / ws.surbl.org / be.surbl.org. In my case
it is among the top indicators of spam.

The test you did above used a message that does not
contain domains listed in sc.surbl.org
Just to be sure, you might want to try it using one that
is in sc.surbl.org. You could insert the following
into the test message (with MUNGED removed)
and check to see if you get a positive result this time.

http://surbl-org-permanent-test-pointMUNGED.com

John