SV: [SURBL-Discuss] Problems installing SPAMCOP_URI - Make testerror

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Mon May 31 00:09:27 CEST 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 22:54, John Fawcett wrote:

> > debug: querying for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org
> >
> > debug: Query failed for pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org
> > debug: checking url: mailto://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/unsubscribe.asp
> > debug: checking url: http://www.pjcinfo.com/epromo/promo_freeinfo.asp
> > debug: returning cached data :  pjcinfo.com.sc.surbl.org ->
>
> ARRAY(0x947a894)
>
> > --------------
> > That would imply that SURBL was active, No?
>
> That looks ok.
> If you use the other surbl lists there would also be queries for them.
> (pjcinfo.com.be.surbl.org, pjcinfo.com.ws.surbl.org)
>
> I still find it surprising that none of your spam is getting flagged
> for being in sc.surbl.org / ws.surbl.org / be.surbl.org. In my case
> it is among the top indicators of spam.
>
> The test you did above used a message that does not
> contain domains listed in sc.surbl.org
> Just to be sure, you might want to try it using one that
> is in sc.surbl.org. You could insert the following
> into the test message (with MUNGED removed)
> and check to see if you get a positive result this time.
>
> http://surbl-org-permanent-test-pointMUNGED.com

Oh yeah, the de-MUNGED show up ----  ;-)
0.5 SPAMCOP_URI_RBL        URI's domain appears in spamcop database at
sc.surbl.org                    [surbl-org-permanent-test-point.com
                                  is blacklisted in URI RBL at sc.surbl.org]

I'm going to add in the other surbl lists and try a few more tests.
Thanks, I at least now know its working.