[SURBL-Discuss] Another to whitelist

hans hans at e35203.upc-e.chello.nl
Thu May 27 01:16:45 CEST 2004

Hi all,
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2004, 2:09:29 PM, Jose Cruz wrote:

> > I'm founding many spams with messagelabs.com as a secondary URL.
>
> > I'm not sure, but I think this isn't a spammer.
>
> Thanks Jose.  They look non-spammy to me so I've whitelisted the
> domain.
>
> Anyone else seeing any others to whitelist?

We might have some when all the spamikaze users are tied together but I
might come back on this in a later stage.

Another point or remark. At the surbl site it is mentioned that sendmail
isn't aware of bodies. This isn't true for part of your conclusion. It is
possible to check the body in sendmail but the problem is dat you will
have to fetch the data block to do it. Then again, not getting spam in the
users INBOX might also help.

A little file to help understand the above:

http://spamikaze.is-a-geek.org/sendmail-subjectblocking.txt

Reading the SubjMatchReject file will produce a 550.

The good thing about it is that you will not block the ipnumber like the
surbl goal is stated on the site. The bad thing is that spamming sites
will keep pumping data to the mta.

Kind regards,

Hans Wolters
Spamikaze