[SURBL-Discuss] applying surbl

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Nov 1 03:13:10 CET 2004

 Q Q Q H A P P Y Q H A L L O W E E N Q Q Q !

I'm having trouble getting surbl to work...

SpamAssassin Server version 3.0.0
  running on Perl 5.6.1

I have /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm and I can
see from the spamd startup logs I'm loding it twice in cf files:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

and I have

score URIBL_AB_SURBL  2.007
score URIBL_OB_SURBL  1.996
score URIBL_PH_SURBL  0.839
score URIBL_SBL       0.629
score URIBL_SC_SURBL  3.897
score URIBL_WS_SURBL  0.539

and I bumped up

uridnsbl_timeout        8

but "it's not working" even when I cat spam with http://test.surbl.org/
to spamc -R, none of the surbl tests work.

I was suprised to discover it doesn't  check the body for foe, only the header, eg

urirhssub       URIBL_SC_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   2
header          URIBL_SC_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SC_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_SC_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist
tflags          URIBL_SC_SURBL  net

but, it's not matching anything. What am I doing wrong?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org