[SURBL-Discuss] applying surbl

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Nov 1 03:55:07 CET 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:13:10PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
> I have /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/URIDNSBL.pm and I can
> see from the spamd startup logs I'm loding it twice in cf files:

Don't do that.  Let it load from init.pre.

> but "it's not working" even when I cat spam with http://test.surbl.org/
> to spamc -R, none of the surbl tests work.

test.surbl.org would get tested as surbl.org which isn't going to be listed.

> I was suprised to discover it doesn't  check the body for foe, only the header, eg

That got "fixed" in 3.0.1.  It actually always checked the body for URIs, but
it was mislisted as header in the 3.0.0 release.

> but, it's not matching anything. What am I doing wrong?

-D should help you out.  It'll tell you if the plugin is loaded, what domains
are found, what domains are queried, etc.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"You don't want me to pick out your brain surgeon. I don't want your brain
 surgeon picking out my router :)"   - LuftHans at asu.edu