[SURBL-Discuss] Nice URIDNSBL functionality

Fred tech2 at i-is.com
Mon Nov 1 22:46:41 CET 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:
> It may be worth pointing out that uridnsbl does not look up the
> IP address of the URI against RBLs, but the IP address of the
> URI domain's *name server*.  It's not the same thing as checking
> the web server against an RBL, but looking up name servers is
> quite effective if the RBL contains some addresses of spammer
> name servers, as sbl.spamhaus.org definitely does.

I just have to say THANK YOU BILL!  I sat down today to accomplish exactly
this, I thought I had an original idea but it looks like you beat me to it.
I posted in Bugzilla  few days ago to the SA devs that we need this
functionality.

I just wanted to querry the websites NS server to see if it's listed in
SBL-XBL because 9 times out of 10 when I go to report a domain to WS, it's
almost always listed in SBL-XBL.

How hard would it be to querry the A record for the domain as well?