[SURBL-Discuss] Syntax issues

Joe Zitnik JZitnik at hfcc.net
Thu Nov 4 12:35:34 CET 2004

I am having problems getting all of my SURBL rules to work.

My rules are below.  All my rules work except two of them (I think):
URIBL_PH_SURBL  and  URIBL_AH_DNSBL
I have check through my archived spam, and can find no hits on those
rules.  If I run spamassassin --lint, I get no syntax errors.  Are my
rules not working, or do those rules almost never hit?

urirhsbl  URIBL_SC_SURBL  sc.surbl.org.   A
header    URIBL_SC_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SC_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_SC_SURBL  Contains a URL
tflags    URIBL_SC_SURBL  net
score URIBL_SC_SURBL	4.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_WS_SURBL  ws.surbl.org.   A
header    URIBL_WS_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_WS_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_WS_SURBL  Contains a URL
tflags    URIBL_WS_SURBL  net
score 	URIBL_WS_SURBL	2.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_OB_SURBL  ob.surbl.org.   A
header    URIBL_OB_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_OB_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_OB_SURBL  Contains a URL
tflags    URIBL_OB_SURBL  net
score URIBL_OB_SURBL	4.0

urirhsbl  URIBL_AB_SURBL  ab.surbl.org.   A
header    URIBL_AB_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_AB_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_AB_SURBL  Contains a URL
tflags    URIBL_AB_SURBL  net
score URIBL_AB_SURBL	5.0

urirhssub URIBL_PH_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.  A  8
header    URIBL_PH_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_PH_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_PH_SURBL  Contains a URL
tflags    URIBL_PH_SURBL  net
score URIBL_PH_SURBL    5.0

urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.  A  64
header    URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Contains a URL
score URIBL_JP_SURBL    4.0

uridnsbl  URIBL_AH_DNSBL  dnsbl.ahbl.org.  TXT
body	    URIBL_AH_DNSBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_AH_DNSBL')
describe  URIBL_AH_DNSBL  Contains a URL listed in the AH DNSBL
tflags    URIBL_AH_DNSBL  net
score     URIBL_AH_DNSBL  0.5