[SURBL-Discuss] Syntax issues

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Nov 4 13:59:01 CET 2004

On Thursday, November 4, 2004, 4:34:00 AM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Thursday, November 4, 2004, 3:35:34 AM, Joe Zitnik wrote:
>> I am having problems getting all of my SURBL rules to work.

>> My rules are below.  All my rules work except two of them (I think):
>> URIBL_PH_SURBL  and  URIBL_AH_DNSBL
>> I have check through my archived spam, and can find no hits on those
>> rules.  If I run spamassassin --lint, I get no syntax errors.  Are my
>> rules not working, or do those rules almost never hit?

>> urirhsbl  URIBL_SC_SURBL  sc.surbl.org.   A
>> header    URIBL_SC_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SC_SURBL')
>> describe  URIBL_SC_SURBL  Contains a URL
>> tflags    URIBL_SC_SURBL  net
>> score URIBL_SC_SURBL    4.0

> Please use urhrhssub for sc, ws, jp, ph, ab, ob, and change the
> rule type from "header" to "body" if you are using SpamAssassin
> 3.0.1

BTW, the default 3.0.1 URIDNSBL config gives examples of
urirhssub rules:

  http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/rules/25_uribl.cf

For the lists that are not in multi.surbl.org, you need
to use urirhsbl.

  http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#multi

And if you're still not getting results make sure your Net::DNS
is current, you have network tests enabled, etc:

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#nettest