[SURBL-Discuss] C version of SURBL client?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat Nov 6 11:19:50 CET 2004

On Friday, November 5, 2004, 11:02:51 PM, Andrew wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an open-source client written in c to
> perform URL searches in message bodies, and then lookups against a SURBL ?
>
> (This is not for use with SA)

I can't think of any open source ones off hand, but that doesn't
mean there aren't any.  Have you taken a look at some of the
programs mentioned on our links page:

  http://www.surbl.org/links.html

It's possible some are written in C.

That said, the task of extracting URI domains from email messages
is non-trivial particularly from spams, which often have
obfuscation methods that must be undone.  Something like the
SpamAssassin code can be a good starting point, though it
has the advantage of a regular expression language, mail
method decoding tools, etc.