[SURBL-Discuss] False Posititive?

Joe Wein joewein at pobox.com
Tue Nov 9 15:10:48 CET 2004

> I'm getting mail tagged with this URI:
> 5.0 WS_URI_RBL             URI's domain appears in sa-blacklist at
> http://www.surbl.org/lists.html  [www.allhiphop.com is blacklisted in
> URI RBL at]
>                            [ws.surbl.org]
>
> The site looks fairly legit to me, and it is being included in a legit
> newsletter.  Any comments on this?

Definitely a FP.

It's a five year old domain (1999) with neither the MX nor the NS
blacklisted.

There are 16 NANAS sightings, but all are from 2002, including two for spam
abusing their domain as a fake sender. By contrast there are quite a few
postings in rec.music.hip-hop from 2004 that mention the domain. So it
appears to have legitimate uses.

Joe Wein
--
joewein.de LLC, Yokohama, Japan