[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: consensus list?

Alex Broens surbl at alexb.ch
Fri Nov 12 12:50:11 CET 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:
> Another possibility might be records that appear in
>
>   SC and AB and WS and JP and OB
>
> I think we can nearly guarantee that those are 100% spam.  :-)
> (Would want to check those that are in WS separately from JP,
> which is currently included in WS.)
>
> What other ways to combine lists might produce near zero
> FPs yet still hit most spam?
>
> Shall we just try some of them and see how well they work?
>
> Comments?

 From my eval:

- JP & SC & AB have been 0 FP for me.

- OB more FPs than expected - the direct whitelisting site has been a
godsend. OB guys very fast.

- WS 0 FPs since last clean up. (as FP are not always made pubic its
hard to say)

- SC & AB are very slow in publishing new data - JP & WS beat them all

This would mean less subzones to reduce DNS queries overall allowing
faster SA processing

my vote: merge JP,SC,AB. - "safe.surb.org"

Alex