[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: consensus list?

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sun Nov 14 04:45:51 CET 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

> FWIW it's the 1 bit, i.e. carrying values 0 and 1; a zero bit
> would carry no value.

That confusion was started by me in this thread, sorry.  In
real life bits are always counted from zero (least significant)
to seven (most significant) in a byte:

Bit 0 = 2 ** 0 =   1
Bit 1 = 2 ** 1 =   2 (SC)
[...]
Bit 6 = 2 ** 6 =  64 (JP)
Bit 7 = 2 ** 7 = 128.

> Setting up and tearing down separate test lists involves
> some overhead.  And eventually multi will need to expand
> beyond the last octet.

I'll believe it when I see it (the expansion of "multi" ;-)

Don't do strange things with stuff used in production, you
don't want to cause erroneous mail deletions.

                    Bye, Frank