[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] SURBL stats: list hit rates measured in DNS

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz martins at ensmp.fr
Sun Nov 14 21:24:34 CET 2004

Jeff,

You'll find some stats from our mail server at :

  http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr/urlbl/urlbl.txt

Some words about it :

- When a list get a hit, it stops searching other lists.
- The first list checked is the our one. surbl lists are checked
  just after our one, in alphabetical order. This means :
  j-chkmail
  ab.surbl.org

So, our stats doesn't show all lists, but if this interests you,
I can easily adapt our stats scripts to get hits for all lists.

Either way, this shows that most spam detection using SURBL, at
our domain, comes from ab and multi. This conclusion is mitigated
by :
- many entries from our list (j-chkmail) may exist on ob/sc or ws.
- our list (j-chkmail) isn't being updated too frequently, because
  as I said you before, I add entries only when they aren't yet
  at surbl lists and surbl lists are being updated very fast...

Best

Jose-Marcio