[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] SURBL stats: list hit r a tes measured in DNS

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Tue Nov 16 09:00:09 CET 2004

Hello,

Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2004, 12:50:09 PM, Jose Cruz wrote:
>
>>If some entries were found at WS and SC, this means that they aren't at
>>MULTI.
>

>>Why ? There may be a race condition : as multi is created from other
>>bls, it may be possible that when I rsync, SC and WS where already
>>updated but not MULTI.
>

> WS updates approximately the same time as multi.  SC updates more
> often than multi.  In future versions, these will all be
> internally synchronized.
>

>>I rsync data every two hours. It could be interesting to change
>>periodicity and see what happens.
>

> You should rsync a lot more often, at least once an hour.

I'll do it ! And I'll remove other bls already included in multi.

So far, here is a comment I've just received about integrating surbl into j-chkmail.

But Dennis shall note that I did the effort of integrating surbl into j-chkmail,
but the great work of surbl comes from Jeff, Chris, Raymond and others.

I agree with Dennis. From all content checking spam detection methods, that one
which seems to give less false positive rate is urlbl, no doubt about it.

Since I use only the left hand side (domains) having that as a separate
file would reduce the load I creat even further. The Urlbl list is the
most effective method of content filtering I've used so far and I like
it a lot. Thanks for building this into the product.

Dennis

Best,

Jose-Marcio