[SURBL-Discuss] SC manual blacklist pruned

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Thu Nov 18 15:49:26 CET 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

 [http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/blacklist-domains]
> Note that cleaning up the manual blacklist is not the same
> as whitelisting.  Any record that comes off the manual
> blacklist can be manually or automatically blacklisted again
> in future at any time if it appears in spams again.  So it's
> not at all a "free pass" to spammers or anything like that.

If I understand it correctly what you have there is actually a
"SC accelerator list", not really a blacklist.  And the normal
procedure to list SC "votes" in sc.surbl.org would work even
with an empty "SC accelerator list".

> It just means some domains that are unusable and don't appear
> in any recent spams are no longer included on SC for now.  If
> they get used again, they'll get listed again.

You never get unusable SC "votes", if a domain is unusable SC
cannot send a report, and if SC doesn't send a report, SURBL is
not affected.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

IMHO it's more interesting to prune the WL based on SC "votes".
The "accelerator list" is no problem, but it's a cute feature.

                          Bye, Frank