[SURBL-Discuss] comparison of my local blacklist w/ws

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Tue Nov 23 20:37:23 CET 2004

I've just grabbed Bill's list of domains and compared it to my local
domains blacklist, with some interesting results. The following is a
breakdown (expressed in line counts, each line representing a domain)
of the similarities and differences.

  27546 comparelists.intersection
 155709 comparelists.notboth
 117662 comparelists.onlyin.localbl
  38046 comparelists.onlyin.sa-blacklist.current.domains
 183256 comparelists.union

Quick interpretation: my local blacklist has 117662 domains not listed
in SURBL. Bill's file has 38046 domains not listed in mine. We only have
27546 domains in common. The counts are a bit off, I realize, as I've got
a few entries that I've simply commented out as well as a comment or two.

I've posted the files here:

 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/surbl/comparelists.intersection
 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/surbl/comparelists.notboth
 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/surbl/comparelists.onlyin.localbl
 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/surbl/comparelists.onlyin.sa-blacklist.current.domains
 http://hesketh.com/schampeo/surbl/comparelists.union

In case anyone wants to grab and poke around at these. Note that
nospammerinhisrightmindwouldusethisdomain.com is just something I
threw in for testing purposes, and well, should be obvious as to
its farcical nature.

--
join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/web_designer.html       join us!
join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/account_manager.html    join us!