[SURBL-Discuss] general questions.....

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Tue Nov 23 23:18:09 CET 2004

Jeff, I didn't mean to make you have to rehash the standards for SURBL. I
totally understood these already and I didn't mean to imply differently in
my original post. (But I suppose you have to always be on your guard to
prevent misunderstandings. You can never be too careful...)

But your answers regarding the corpuses were exactly what I was questioning.
Basically, 1 FP in 50,000 is not bad. But if most of these FPs are
"white-hat marketer" advertisements (an oxymoron?) or newsletters ...and few
of them are actual human-typed correspondence, then this percentage is even
better. If the opposite is true, then this might not be quite as good as it
sounds.

Interestingly, I've read some phenomenal and very specific stats from Mail
Filtering companies who don't get specific about these kinds of issues
mentioned here and I wonder "who are they kidding".

Rob McEwen