[SURBL-Discuss] general questions.....

Tue Nov 23 23:27:03 CET 2004

*BIG SNIP*

Well even us on SURBL differ as to classification at times :)

Jeff and I are a prime example. I know and understand Jeff's philosophy.
However I think if plumbing fixture inc sends out a newsletter to a
purchased list, or a hired marketing firm does it, then they SHOULD be
listed. Call it an education in email usage. When they contact to get off
the list, we educate and remove. No biggy. It is not hard at all to be
removed from SURBL if you are legit.

We have seen numerous times a legit company sending a newsletter to a
spamtrap. Numerous reasons and excuses. But they never would have known
about it if they were not listed. And I think if they send to a spamtrap we
have a right to list. Regardless of how legit, it is a wakeup call because
obviously something went wrong to send to a spamtrap.

Now I can't go doing this, in respect to Jeff's wishes.

However on the UC list I'm free to be as nutty as I want to be :)

No UC isn't ready for prime time yet. Part of the problem is making sure I
don't fall behind in WS work.

--Chris