[SURBL-Discuss] SURBLs in main domain DNS

Ronan r.mcglue at qub.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 10:18:47 CET 2004

hi all,
  new to the list
:D

I have a  question. Im running SA and using the SURBLs as part of it on
a domain serving 100,000+ daily. Ive decided to take the local DNS cache
of the SURBL files and had a look at the documentation for dnsrbld etc.
Now I just had a word with one of the network guys who suggested that
instead of me re-inventing the wheel by using our domain dns to point to
a local rbldnsd machine hosting the SURBL files that i simply just put
them onto the man DNS.

I presume there is nothing wrong with that, or would there be any
strange consequences. Is there anything else i should know before I go
ahead?

thanks all

ronan