[SURBL-Discuss] how does the white list work ?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Mon Nov 29 19:44:11 CET 2004

On Monday, November 29, 2004, 10:17:24 AM, Paul Schwarz wrote:
> I use multi.surbl.org to check the emails and wondered is there a whitelist
> for each individual surbl list or one the encompasses them all ?   Who
> maintains it etc.

Individual lists (data sources) may have their own internal
whitelists which cause exclusions from those lists, but
there are also shared whitelists which get sorted together
and globally applied across all SURBLs.  The former would
be largely invisible to the outside world.  The latter can
be found at:

  http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelist-domains.sort

but it includes a lot of high-level geographic domains.

Raymond,
Various people are using our whitelist.  Perhaps we could
consider putting it on the rsync server for more efficient
transfers.