[SURBL-Discuss] Help classify quickinspirations.com

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Oct 1 11:01:20 CEST 2004

On Thursday, September 30, 2004, 8:45:21 PM, David Hooton wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:27:20 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 30, 2004, 7:58:44 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
>> > Something to consider is weighting the whitelist requests for domains that
>> > don't feel right like this one. One request for a domain like this may not
>> > cut the mustard. 3...OK.

>> There aren't enough FP reports to do that.  We've never gotten
>> more than one request for a given domain.

> Could this be because we've been a little too responsive?  Most
> whitelistings are almost immediate right now..  If we had a cooling
> off period for questionable domains it might allow us to gather more
> evidence.

We only whitelist the obvious ones immediately.  Others require
more research.  But the research does not take days or even
hours.  After checking the obvious things like domain age,
SBL and NANAS hits, it boils down to trying to determine if
a domain has legitimate uses.  If it does we don't want to
list it and cause FPs.

When in doubt, it's better for us to whitelist.  We're already
catching a large majority of spams.  We don't want the value of
that to be diminished by potential false positives.