[SURBL-Discuss] FP?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Oct 3 03:07:20 CEST 2004

On Saturday, October 2, 2004, 12:01:14 PM, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> Ryan Thompson wrote to SURBL Discussion list:

>>> No SBL hits on either of these relatively old domains.
>>> No NANAS hits on cellular-parts, 68 on poetry.
>>>
>>> Please send one sample of each message.
>>
>> I can vouch for poetry.com. I haven't had any mailings from them, but
>> they are a legit site, and should probably be whitelisted. The NANAS
>> reports also appear to be bogus; some contain the bare domain
>> "poetry.com" in tiny font, and some link to images (e.g., of Robert
>> Frost) on poetry.com, but, after looking at all the reports from this
>> year, none actually advertise poetry.com.

> In fact following another quick sanity check, I'll do more than vouch
> for them. I've whitelisted poetry.com (on WS). They should never be
> blocked in the first place.

> - Ryan

Thanks.  Agreed.

Looks like the NANAS hits include image links for spams going to
third party web sites.  Those mainly appeared in contest spams,
so perhaps poetry.com was doing some kind of incentivized contest
that got abused.  In any case their domain does appear to have
legitimate uses, so it should be whitelisted.