[SPAM-TAG] RE: [SURBL-Discuss] Whitelist kit . net

Alex Broens surbl at alexb.ch
Tue Oct 5 08:36:38 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Monday, October 4, 2004, 10:37:18 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
>
>>>From: Yves Junqueira [mailto:yves.junqueira at gmail.com]

>>>Sorry, I couldn't find any in english.
>>>
>>>http://www.tmabc.kit.net -
>>>http://www.1mais1.kit.net  - They seem good people. They are a group
>>>of volunteers that assist home less people. Doesn't seem to be a scam.
>>>
>>>I'd suggest whitelisting kit.net if, and only if, you are really
>>>strict to the policy. They do host many trojans and scam sites there.
>

>>Why not treat them like the tld is 'kit.net' and list on subdomains?
>

> That's an interesting suggestion, but we're not set up to do that
> currently.  We chose to go after registrar domains since they
> are the ones that set the spam policies for a given domain.
> If subdomains are spammy, then it's the responsibility of the
> parent domain to police it.

so what about?
cbj.net
tripod.cl
tripod.*

etc, etc.....

these all host spammers as well as ham'rs
Just got a report for amsterdam24. tripod. cl

tripod.cl "could" have legitmate users"  but "amsterdam24. tripod.
cl/index.txt" is definitely not one.......

so we blacklist them and "it's the responsibility of the parent domain
to police it" ???? (done!)

Alex