[SURBL-Discuss] Possible large whitelist from DMOZ data

Joe Wein joewein at pobox.com
Wed Oct 6 14:31:15 CEST 2004

>     [jp] hits:       61

>   http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelists/dmoz-blocklist.jp

Hi Jeff,

I grabbed the JP hits and started looking at them. Some of them are clearly
spammers, some may be UC candidates and at least one is a FP
(tripod.com.ar). I'll go through all of them as soon as I can:

The following DMOZ [JP] entries are not on my local list, so they may have
been supplied by Raymond / Prolocation:

bigprizes.com
ebigchina.com
global2000hosting.net
imperialmortgage.com
lsbodyjewelry.com
placement-uk.com
psychicrealm.com
quuxuum.org

The remainder are from my list and I'll verify them one by one. Here's some
input:

1800patches.com
 - 210 NANAS sightings
 - Spamhaus SBL15666

adultlounge.com
adultloveline.com
allofem.com
ancientacu.com
bet-at-home.com
christineyoung.com
coid.biz

coins-and-banknotes.com
 - spam sent to a Norwegian colaborator of mine

diademtravel.com
 - see smyrnagroup.net

digienjoy.com
ebonyexclusive.com
evidence-eliminator.com
fantasy-mail.com
fattyfarm.com
flashcash.com
greenguyandjim.com
incomebuddy.com
jackpot.com:

kaplancollege.edu
 - 31 NANAS sightings
 - SBL17199
 - persistent spams over extended period
 - no response to attempts to contact

knorad.com
lasseters.com.au
lovercash.com
manevent.de
medchoicelabs.com
moneytrend.at
movieerotica.com
mymailgenie.com
online-dictionary.biz
pcbugdoctor.com
pibcash.com
platinumbucks.com:
 - 123 NANAS sightings
 - listed on SORBS
 - SBL7867

pornindustryjobs.com
realage.com
realtimevideos.com
robotreply.com
silvercash.com

smyrnagroup.net:
 - notorious spammer from Turkey (travel agency)
 - persistent usenet and email spams in .de/.ch
 - can be blocked by email address, as the addresses
   are relatively static.

thebingoaffiliates.com
tiptopjob.com
tomsnewbiebooster.com

tripod.com.ar
 - Oops, FP!

tvujdum.cz
umtscom.org
vicp.net
virtuagirl2.com
visaforyou.com

vistaprint.com:
 - 130 NANAS sightings
 - Spamhaus SBL14856

webspace4free.biz
webway.at
wujidomartialarts.com
xboxchips.com

yesmoke.ch:
 - Mail order tobacco store, advertised in spam sent to a
dormant personal mailbox on 2004-05-26.

> For the ones that could cause FNs, we'd like to
> know about those as a measure of using the
> DMOZ data for whitelisting.  Right now I'm
> leaning towards whitelisting all of these, so
> please speak up!

I may ask you to remove some of the whitelist entries again when I've had
time to check all of my list :-)

Joe