[SURBL-Discuss] Possible large whitelist from DMOZ data

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Oct 6 14:44:35 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, 5:31:15 AM, Joe Wein wrote:
>>     [jp] hits:       61

>>   http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelists/dmoz-blocklist.jp

> Hi Jeff,

> I grabbed the JP hits and started looking at them. Some of them are clearly
> spammers, some may be UC candidates and at least one is a FP
> (tripod.com.ar). I'll go through all of them as soon as I can:

Thanks much Joe!

A couple points:

1.  We haven't whitelisted any of these yet.

2.  We need to bias against listing.  I don't dispute that some
of these do send some spams.  The question remains, as ever,
whether any have legitimate (non-spam) uses.  Those that do
probably should not be listed.

3.  It is possible that some true spammers got into DMOZ, but
most probably aren't.

Cheers,