[SURBL-Discuss] Possible large whitelist from DMOZ data

Leonardo Helman surbl at lists.com.ar
Thu Oct 7 17:15:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:32:46AM -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, 6:12:42 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> >> Looks like it's coming from Raymond:
> >>
> >>  black-prolocation-master
> >>
> >> See off-list message. ;-)
>
> > Its listed in Joe's list. And since i propagate that inside WS its listed
> > there also. 1:1 ;)
>
> > If you removes it it will be delisted automaticly.
>
> I've whitelisted tripod.com.ar.  It's a web host like geocities,
> etc.  Belongs to Lycos.  I don't see them as professional
> spammers.  Maybe a Spanish reader can tell us if their terms
> of service are any good at prohibiting spam hosting and other
> abuse:
>
>   http://www.tripod.com.ar/adm/redirect/www/membership/signup/tos.html
I'm not a lawyer, so take all of this with a pair of tweezers,
but all the thing says something like you can use the service
for anything personal (not commercial)
as long as the contents are legal.
There is an enum for things they don't allow sites that promote
violence, or discrimination, or don't fullfill international treaties,
permit access or inclusion of porn, violence..., false or inexact about
objects or intentions, things protected by intelectual property laws,
empresarial secrets, don't fullfill the comunication secret normatives

So if it's not a commercial site and it's legal, they allow lot of things