[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Possible large whitelist from DMOZ data

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at pathname.com
Thu Oct 7 17:44:51 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> writes:

> Those are all good ideas.  Do you know if spammer links do get
> deleted?  How do the folks who maintain the sites find abusers or
> bots?

Wikipedia tends to find them eventually.  Sometimes, spam links can live
on a page or two, so higher count links are going to be safer.  Also
pages that get updated a lot (and the link stays for each revision).

Also, while DMOZ might have some spammer links, I suspect most of the
spammer links are very stable, well-listed in SBL and your blacklists,
etc.  It might be easiest to prioritize links by their S/O ratio:

   (number of blacklist source hits)
   (number of whitelist source hits + number of blacklist source hits)

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     ApacheCon! 13-17 November (3 SpamAssassin
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/  http://www.apachecon.com/  sessions & more)