[SURBL-Discuss] FP: zd-swx.com

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Fri Oct 8 00:43:45 CEST 2004

Possible FP:

zd-swx.com

This one is a tough one. On the one hand, I think this domain is used by
Ziff Davis (publisher of PC Mag) for sending out some of their newsletters.

This domain was found at the top of a header of what appears to be a
legitimate PC magazine newsletter. (I know, I'm not suppose to SURBL-check
headers... but I do this on a limited and extremely audited basis... I only
"set it and forget it" SURBL check on the message bodies.)

Anyway, zd-swx.com is registered by easydns.com. I can't figure out what
easydns.com has to do with Ziff Davis? ...and why would Ziff Davis use this
kind of service to send out newsletters? Am I missing something here?

Obviously, I have more questions than answers!

However, I believe that this is worth some serious investigation by someone
more experienced and knowledgeable than me because ...wouldn't it be awful
to SURBL-list a domain with legitimate ties to PC Magazine???

See copy of e-mail here:
http://www.pvsys.com/pcmag.txt

Rob McEwen