[SURBL-Discuss] Revised DMOZ data, got Wikipedia domains too

Alex Broens surbl at alexb.ch
Fri Oct 8 18:51:23 CEST 2004

Bill Landry wrote:
> [...]

WOW... Bill didn't bark at me this time.

my point is the following:

take for example "angelfire. com". This domain may have legitimate users
but my user base would NEVER have contact with anybody hosting a site or
anything there. If they support spam, list them, put pressure on them to
stop supporting spammers, bla, bla, bla.
I wouldn't appreciate it being whitelisted as then if there's abuse, and
it does get blacklisted, there's no pressure on the domain holder to
clean up.

As I imagine we're fighting spam here, not just filtering, I have a
certain difficulty understanding why the world is crying for
whitelisting instead of putting pressure on so called whitehats who
support abuse for a lifetime.

as Chris said, you could make whitelisting a lifetime task.
I believe the better approach would be to decrease potential FP's by
increasing the reporting QUALITY !!!!!!!!

Alex

//Are we fighting Spam or working for Messagelabs & Co. for free? //