[SURBL-Discuss] submit domain?

Lindsay Snider lindsay at pa.net
Wed Oct 13 20:28:26 CEST 2004

> > acarmart DOT com
> >
> > What is our policy for adding domains like that above.  It appears to be
> > a link builder w/ no real content.  And I appologise for not checking
> > Jeff's website of criteria for adding a domain.  I wasn't able to find a
> > link so if any one has a bookmark available, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> The quick question is: does it have legitimate uses?

I would think it doesn't based on the email I received and the content at
their site.

> If it can get mentioned in hams (non-spams) by ordinary users,
> then we probably should not list it.
>
> Looks like it's and August 2004 domain registration but is not in
> SBL or NANAS.  Did you have a sample spam for them?  Why did you
> want to list?

I did get a spam from them.  I certainly have not signed up with them since
this August.  Its just one of the many link builder emails we get to
webmaster@ and a few other generic email names.  However, based on your
criteria I decided not to list it.

1) site has been around for a couple months and I didn't find any other
complaints
2) it wasn't offensive, just uce
3) its not in sbl/xbl/iadb and the such
4) domain name isn't very obscured

acarmart DOT com is registered by visioncoaches DOT com.  visioncoaches DOT
com redirects to imaginehavingwealth DOT com.  The company feels shady but it
could be legit.  None of the domains listed above were found in any of the
lists.

Although not in surbl.org, they have received a cozy home in our personal RBL.

-lindsay