[SURBL-Discuss] FP on WS

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Thu Oct 14 13:21:55 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, October 13, 2004, 8:06:58 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 13, 2004, 7:06:59 PM, Joseph Burford wrote:
>> bluedomino.com

>> In my mind a FP on the WS list.

>> Domain age in days: 2168

>> Associated with CoffeeCup, the age old HTML editing software. Only
>> place I've seen it mentioned is in the normal mailouts from CoffeeCup
>> to people who have downloaded their software or who are on the mailing
>> list.

>> NANAS sightings about 10, some are just reports of customers they
>> host, nothing really recent.

>> I'd be intrigued to know how it got on WS.

> Same here.

> Looks like it came from Kai:

> /home/kgallasch/black-kgallasch-0801-to-0901:bluedomino.com

OK Kai forwarded me the message off-list but asked to
edit the headers.  He says it came to a non-existent address:

[...]
> Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:24:11 -0500
> To: *********@free.de
> Subject: Free Software when you Host
> From: The Bluedomino Team <bluedomino at coffeecup.com>
>
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for downloading and using CoffeeCup Software.
> We really appreciate it!
>
> You have created a Great Website. Now get $300 of CoffeeCup Software
> Free
> when you Transfer or Host a New Website at Bluedomino.com Web Hosting.
>
> Check it out here:
>
>>> http://www.bluedomino.com/
>

> Look at all the software you get for Free:
> http://www.bluedomino.com/freesoftware/
>

> Check out the Hosting Features & Plans Here:
> http://www.bluedomino.com/features/
>

> What Bluedomino.com Web Hosting offers:
>
> - No set Up Fees
> - Plans starting at $9.95/mo
> - 24/7 Live Chat Support
> - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
> - Web and Pop3 E-mail
> - Graphical Visitor Stats
> - $300 of CoffeeCup Software !
> - and lots more.
>
> Check out everything Bluedomino.com Web Hosting has to offer:
> http://www.bluedomino.com/
>

> Thanks for your support,
>
> The CoffeeCup Team
> ------------------
> We don't just make software ... we make Webmasters.
>

> --- END ---

I assume this is affiliate abuse:

  http://www.coffeecup.com/affiliate/

though they claim to disallow spam (and probably do):

"What you can't do !

    * Mislead others
    * Operate or utilize a Web site or email link to Web sites
that contain or promote any of these types of content: libelous,
defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, violent, bigoted,
hate-oriented, illegal, cracking, hacking or warez, or any
illegal good or service, or link to a Web site(s) that do so
    * Engage in spamming, indiscriminate advertising or
unsolicited commercial email
    * Engage in cybersquatting or typosquatting
    * Break any trademark or copyright laws"

I'm whitelisting this domain.