[SURBL-Discuss] FP: vmobile.us

Joe Wein joewein at pobox.com
Fri Oct 15 12:44:13 CEST 2004

Got email from vmobile.us today. It's listed on [WS] and [JP].

I checked the evidence and it's kind of flakey. The mail in question was
mailing by wirelessdealernetwork.com.

WDN has 2 NANAS sightings to it, both dated 2004-09-19 and posted by the
same guy. Registered on 2004-06-08, NS blacklisted, listed on SURBL [WS],
[OB], [JP].

Whether the recipient opted-in or not is not quite clear, but he's
telecom-related. It may be spam, it may be not.

In any case, vmobile.us was registered on 2004-05-12 and blacklisted by me
on 2004-09-14. I shouldn't have blacklisted at that age without further
evidence / checks. The NS is not blacklisted, no Google hits for spam other
than my own listing. Oops! The domain of the owning company,
usa-telecom.net, is two years old.

So I think [WS] should probably also unlist vmobile.us, as I will do.

My lesson: Just because the mailing list may be spammy and the TLD notorious
doesn't mean a domain mentioned deserves listing on SURBL.

Joe