[SURBL-Discuss] FP: vmobile.us

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Oct 15 13:03:41 CEST 2004

On Friday, October 15, 2004, 3:44:13 AM, Joe Wein wrote:
> Got email from vmobile.us today. It's listed on [WS] and [JP].

> I checked the evidence and it's kind of flakey. The mail in question was
> mailing by wirelessdealernetwork.com.

> WDN has 2 NANAS sightings to it, both dated 2004-09-19 and posted by the
> same guy. Registered on 2004-06-08, NS blacklisted, listed on SURBL [WS],
> [OB], [JP].

> Whether the recipient opted-in or not is not quite clear, but he's
> telecom-related. It may be spam, it may be not.

> In any case, vmobile.us was registered on 2004-05-12 and blacklisted by me
> on 2004-09-14. I shouldn't have blacklisted at that age without further
> evidence / checks. The NS is not blacklisted, no Google hits for spam other
> than my own listing. Oops! The domain of the owning company,
> usa-telecom.net, is two years old.

> So I think [WS] should probably also unlist vmobile.us, as I will do.

Looks like it got into WS via JP:

/home/prolocation/black-prolocation-master:vmobile.us

So when you remove it it should come out of WS also, unless
Raymond also has it listed independently.

Can you clarify: should wirelessdealernetwork.com also come
off the lists?  Sounds like it should stay on as a legitimate
spammer, whereas vmobile.us was somewhat more of an innocent
bystander (non-spammer mentioned in spam).  Does that sound
right?