[SURBL-Discuss] Recently whitelisted

Rob McEwen rob at powerviewsystems.com
Wed Oct 20 21:46:53 CEST 2004

I'm glad we're continuing to make progress here with whitelisting FPs.

BTW... since it seems like many of these are hosting companies who do not
"police" their customers for spam as well as they ought to... this brings up
a question...

I know that SURBL is intended for domains and IP addresses. Therefore, NOT
listing a domain probably allows some of that domain's subdomains and
subwebs to go crazy with their spam sending.

Therefore, recognizing that it is not SURBL's job to catch these, does
anyone know of a constantly updated "clearing house" list (not DNSBL) of
such subdomains and subwebs?

(...I know that Joe keeps a lot of good stuff like this on his site...)

Also, in case my terminology is not quite technically accurate... this is
what I meant:

subdomains = subdomain.thatdomain.com
subwebs = thatdomain.com/subweb

Rob McEwen