[SURBL-Discuss] RE: FP Reduction Progress?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Oct 20 22:01:41 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 11:24:16 AM, Andy Warner wrote:
> Jeff,

> In reference to:

> http://spamcheck.freeapp.net/whitelists/dmoz-blocklist.ab

> I removed and whitelisted cafe24.com on my end. They seem to
> be a Korean free hoster that is being abused.

> mynetmarketer.com hits several of my traps on a recurring basis
> and ignores all unsub requests. They have an abuse policy on their
> site and list terms and conditions, but they do not seem to enforce
> either. I plan to leave them listed as they seem dirty and I do not
> see any logical way they would end up in hams.

> petsunlimited.com does not seem to be in my data and I do not
> recall removing it any time recently, so I'm not sure why it
> is showing up as an AB hit, but they should be whitelisted

> careerslb.com seems to have valid uses, but they spam like crazy and
> do not honor removal requests. I guess they should be whitelisted on
> the SURBL end, but I plan to keep them in my data to track their volume.

Thanks for the research Andy!  careerslb and petsunlimited
clearly have potential legitimate uses so I'm whitelisting
them.  Neither is in SBL nor has any NANAS hits.

I've also whitelisted cafe24, but if we have anyone who
can read Korean, I'd like to hear what they think the site
is and whether it may have legitimate uses.  Does anyone
here have Korean-reading contacts?  cafe24.com has about
1000 NANAS, is on SBL and has been registered since 1999.
If they are a host or portal, they may have some significant
abuse problems.

mynetmarketer.com is a lot less clear.  Their NANAS hits look
very spammy, yet they do have very strong sounding anti-spam
policy.

  http://www.mynetmarketer.com/spam.htm

They are not in SBL, have been registered since 2001, and have
212 NANAS hits.  Does anyone know if they have any legitimate
uses?  I am not whitelisting them without more feedback.