[SURBL-Discuss] Strategies for killing abusive glue records

Andy Warner andy at andy.net
Fri Oct 22 15:28:09 CEST 2004

Has anybody on the list found a good strategy for
getting registrars to terminate name server glue
records that are widely used to provide name service
to spamvertised domains. (i.e. ns1.fast111.biz)

I've had good luck with a few registrars (Joker, GoDaddy),
but at most, I'm running to a brick wall. Either the abuse
folks are not empowered to remove glue records or they don't
even know what a glue record is. It is scary how many folks
who work for registrars think REGISTRAR-HOLD status will
kill the glue records too when it only prevents the name servers
from that domain being published to the roots in association
with the domain in question).

As it can be fairly time consuming to build a good case for
killing a glue record, I wanted to see if other folks were
working on this and if anybody might be having better luck.

--
Andy Warner
andy at andy.net