[SURBL-Discuss] free host: greatnow.com

Matthew Wilson matthew at boomer.com
Fri Oct 22 21:25:12 CEST 2004

Folks,

If I were a spammer monitoring this list's traffic (there have got to be
some), I would buy up a bunch of domains that were registered a few
years ago but expired, throw up a bunch of bogus "legitimate looking"
content, send out a bunch of spam using those "legitimate" domain names,
and then complain to Jeff et al. that SURBL is generating false
positives.  According to current policies, my sites would be
whitelisted, "yay!".

It's my opinion that you have to draw the line somewhere because of
this, and hosting entities who don't have compliant AUPs or enforce
their AUPs with any speed need to be listed somehow.

Jeff, you really should consider creating a separate "semi-legitimate"
list for entities such as greatnow.com, if only to appease those of us
who don't necessarily keep often-updated private blacklists and
whitelists for SURBL queries/hits.

Thanks,
Matthew Wilson.