[SURBL-Discuss] free host: greatnow.com

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Tue Oct 26 00:39:49 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote to SURBL Discuss:

> I don't see how dumping lists with arbitrary FPs onto UC helps either
> UC or SURBLs.  In fact it's one of the bad things we predicted: that a
> grey list would become a dumping ground with some FPs and some domains
> that belong on a blocklist, all sitting there underclassified,
> unchecked or ignored.
>
> It's better to do things openly and let people check new data sources
> together.

Hi Jeff,

If you'd like to publicly accuse the UC effort of doing "bad things" or
listing "arbitrary FPs", please educate yourself on the policies of UC.
They are publicly listed at http://uc.sasknow.com/criteria.shtml, and
they're being actively developed through discussion on the UC mailing
list, which is an open list to which anyone can subscribe and
participate. In particular, one will note that all domains are hand
checked before being added, and that domains suitable for blocklists
like SURBL do not belong in UC.

I'm sure people value your opinions. So, please refrain from making
baseless statements about a public effort it seems you know very little
about.

Understood?

- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon