[SURBL-Discuss] Spamassassin and SpamCopURI

Frank Tore Johansen frankj at osc.no
Tue Oct 26 10:40:05 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm in the progress of upgrading SA from 2.63 to 2.64 and SpamCopURI
from 0.19 to 0.22.

During make test of SA I get these during each t/rule_tests:

t/rule_tests................ok 61/62Failed to compile URI SpamAssassin
tests, skipping:
         (syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, rule WS_URI_RBL,
line 1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf, rule
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf, rule
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 6, near "}
     }"

I am aware that there was a discussion on the surbl list about this a few
months ago, where someone said it could be caused by two Conf.pm's.
However, I only have the one in
/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm and the two in
the 2.64 distribution: the original ./lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm and
the make-generated ./blib/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm

The errors didn't go away after installing SpamCopURI 0.22.  I still
haven't dared install SA.

This is the relevant entry in local.cf:
# Domain blacklists
uri       WS_URI_RBL  eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('ws.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  WS_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in sa-blacklist
tflags    WS_URI_RBL  net
score     WS_URI_RBL  3.0

And this is from spamcop_uri.cf:
uri SPAMCOP_URI_RBL           eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('sc.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe SPAMCOP_URI_RBL      URI's domain appears in spamcop database at sc.surbl.org
tflags SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  net
score SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  3.0

So, what is causing the test errors?  Can I safely ignore them, or will my
RBL's stop working if I upgrade?

I had hoped for a quick upgrade from 2.63 to 2.64 due to warnings about
DOS (and the last few days our mailserver actually went out of memory
twice, so it could be that spammers have started actually using this
DOS)...

-Frank.