[SURBL-Discuss] In support of Project Honeypot [Scanned]

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Oct 27 16:18:04 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 6:20:11 AM, Chris Santerre wrote:
> I also signed up but haven't implemented the code yet. I have to open up a
> small hole in my security to do it. I haven't decided if I want to do that
> yet. Mainly because I'm lazy and rather not walk over to the firewall ;)

You don't need to set up the cgi to actually put honeypots on
your web sites if you don't want to.

Setting up MX records and honeypots can be done separately.
You can do one, the other, or both.

So far I've only done MX records, which is a trivial DNS
configuration.  Helping with MX records is just adding records
to your existing DNS and doesn't require any security changes.