[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: New name for sa.surbl.org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Oct 31 14:11:21 CET 2004

On Monday, April 12, 2004, 8:19:53 PM, Doc Schneider wrote:
>>>floogleglooble.surbl.org

;-)  (Bill's point is right though.  The name of the list doesn't
really matter; it's the content that counts.)

> Now on a more serious note. Do those of us secondaries need to make
> changes for the zones we get?

Yes, if we change the name of the list or add lists, the
secondaries and rsync users will need to make corresponding
changes in their name servers and rsync servers.

sa.surbl.org is changing to ws.surbl.org.  For now we'll
probably ask all the secondaries and rsync mirrors to add
the ws zone, i.e., to carry all three of:

  sc.surbl.org
  sa.surbl.org
  ws.surbl.org

with sa to go away in a week or so as we get SURBL users
get moved from it and over to ws.

If this sounds ok to everyone, I'll post an announcement to
zones and announce.  Anyone with any comments please speak up.
(I suppose the deafening silence is a hidden plea for some
leadership. ;-)

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/